colorado mesa university strongly encourages all students to leave campus for this thanksgiving break.
- meal plans end november 24 and resume january 18
- all mavcards will have residence hall access shut off november 25 – to reenter your residence, you must have followed one of the processes described below.
january 18 or later return to campus:
- january return will be like august move in – staggered, reserved time required, mavcard must be reencoded to enter residence hall
- provide negative covid test results prior to moving in (more information on testing will be posted on the cmu covid-19 website)
- residents must sign up for move in time (check your cmu email in december)
- residents are encouraged to take valuables home, but may leave belongings in assigned rooms
request to return to campus between november 24-january 18:
- if you must remain on campus or return anytime between november 24-january 18, to ensure campus safety, you are required to apply/request to stay in the residence halls through my housing on mavzone by november 2.
- only specific reasons will be approved, i.e. j-term class, work on campus or in community, housing insecurities (or homeless), required athletic practices, graduation
- all applications will be reviewed and approved or denied
- anyone returning to campus with approved reason/application must:
- sign up for a specific move in date/time (after approval)
- have mavcard reencoded at move in time
- quarantine for 48 hours, test for covid, remain in quarantine until results post, not work until negative covid test results are shown
- once a student has returned to campus, all travel restrictions will apply
- required to complete the scout check daily
- additional meal plan (nov. 29-dec. 10) brunch and dinner each day, may be added for $275
- available as you complete the request to stay on campus
- financial assistance may be available to those that qualify
- mavmoney may be used at other venues that remain open if you choose not to purchase the break meal plan
all residents must either, sign up for a “return to campus” date or an “request for winter housing” application on my housing.
please direct additional questions to residence life at 970.248.1536.
after receiving a negative test:
checkout with your ra as described on the posters in your hall, at your floor meeting and in emails sent.
after receiving a positive test:
if you choose to quarantine/isolate at home, housing and dining charges will not be refunded for the remainder of the semester. you are required to checkout from your residence hall prior to leaving campus, including winterizing your room and completing an express checkout form. failure to properly check out of your residence hall will result in a $150 improper checkout fine.
no matter when you check out, winterize your space!
winterizing your room includes taking out trash, cleaning out the refrigerator (do not unplug), tidying your room, locking windows and closing blinds, and setting the thermostat to 60 degrees. if you are not the last student to checkout of the bedroom (i.e. roommate will be staying past your checkout date), you are not required to change the thermostat. if you currently reside in a multi-bed room with a vacant bed, you are expected to keep the other side of your room free and clear at all times. a new student may be assigned as your roommate at any time. if you are leaving a car on campus, please move it to the west end of cp9 (by bunting hall).
january move in will be like august move in – staggered, reserved time required and your mavcard must be reencoded to enter your residence hall.
students must provide negative covid test results prior to moving in (more information on testing will be posted on the cmu covid-19 website).
residents must sign up for a move in time. check your cmu email in december for details.
students moving into the residence halls will be emailed a link to their cmu email address in december to reserve their move in date and time.
yes, new students to cmu are allowed two guests to help them move in. returning students should not need assistance as they did not move out their belongings after the fall semester. as a returning student, if you believe you need to have guests help, please email email@example.com for approval.
face masks will be required, students must complete the covid-19 course prior to move in, students must test negative for covid-19 and each student may only bring two guests to help them move in.
yes, all students moving into a residence hall must have a test within 7 days of moving in.
the type of test they must have done is called a pcr-antigen test and results of the test must be covid19 or sars-cov-2 rna, not found or negative.
regional test sites are available as well as mailed test kits to out-of-state and some rural colorado students. testing is available in grand junction starting july 27. you need to test 7 days prior to move in and isolate while awaiting the results.
the safe together, strong together team has concluded the safest path forward includes performing baseline viral testing for all members of the campus community. the outcome will be an important metric to inform decision making, and to slow spread and transmission of covid-19 on campus.
all students moving into a residence hall must test within 3-7 days of moving in.
testing at all cmu sites will be free of charge to students. in some cases, student insurance may be billed, as necessary/appropriate.
meal plans end november 24 and resume january 18. the caf (dining hall) will be open for spring 2021 and following mesa county public health guidelines.